|Rose Bowl Feb 19|
1) Even though we had a bad storm of wintery mix Monday, the weather is now warming up. The storm didn't actually start until we were in Champaign, but when it started, it was bad!! I had to go to Champaign to have my new shoe on my brace Monday. I was glad Jack was with me. He has driven winter type weather much more than me, being he drove semi for 25+ years before being medicaled out. I have probably driven as many miles forward over the years as he has backward. When he stopped driving truck he had 3.5 million safe miles. No accidents of any kind in the semi.
2) We could be in the 50's before the week is out. I am so ready for the snow to go away!!
3) I did get in some decent stitching time on "Rose Bowl" I am guessing I have less than 1,000 to finish page one.
4) Jack and I had a wonderful time on our Anniversary. He got the sewing machine I had put on layaway out, had the church wrap it, and gave it to me that night at the dinner. I have bought a pattern, material and needed supplies to make me some navy blue slacks. I have been wanting a new pair.
5) Chance did get the job for which he was applying!
The bad news:
1) My friend, Patti, for whom I was going to stitch the butterfly, passed away in her sleep Monday night. Cause is unknown. Her visitation is tomorrow and funeral is Friday. I am still going to stitch the blue butterfly, but instead of it going to Patti, I will give it to her family as a kind of memorial to her. Maybe I could have it done by what would of been her birthday next year? That date is January 9.
Well that is about it for now...when I list the good vs bad this way, I can see it has been a better week than a bad week.
Have a great week, everyone!