Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Pins Are Out an Lessons Learned!

Hello Everyone,

I hope and pray that everyone is doing well. I had started to post this a few days ago, then I thought I’d go ahead and wait until after my medical procedure (yesterday) so I could report to you about having the pins out of my toes.
Psalm 23 Pic 1

I am getting there on “Psalm 23”. I am showing you two pictures of this project. The first picture is how far I was when I was originally going to post this blog. The second picture is where I am as of right now. I didn’t get as far as I would have, but I do see progress, so that is good. I worked on the line mine enemies: thou anointed my head with oil  the day before yesterday and then started to finish it up today. Lesson learned today: remember you are doing counted cross stitch, thus when something SEEMS OFF, stop IMMEDIATELY!!  I was wondering if the line was off, because it seemed off somehow. Yet, I kept stitching, all the while thinking it looked like there was one space too many between the previous line and this line. I was almost to the end of the line and realized my instinct WAS RIGHT! Thus, I spent a couple of hours frogging! That’s enough for me now, Mr. Rippit can go visit someone else! As you see, though, I did make progress on the river, grass, flowers and sheep on the right. The sheep will be outlined with 310 where you see the patches of white surrounded by grass. Once again, I only worked on this project. I think what I want to do is finish this one, then finish the wedding sampler.

I think I am about 40% done with it. (The wedding sampler). If I remember right, the wedding is in April. I know it’s next spring, just not sure of actual date. When I am closer to done, I’ll contact David and make sure of the date. When I am done with the wedding sampler, I’ll start concentrating on “Life’s Little Tangles” again. I may work on both of these projects at once, we’ll have to see.

I haven’t received the gold kreinik I told the company who made the kit that I requested. I had received an e-mail, the day after I told them I was short, saying they had put it in the mail. That was almost two weeks ago. I wonder, how long I should wait before I resend an e-mail?
Psalm 23  pic 2 (Today)

I have learned a valuable lesson this week. When the girls were younger (Sarah was pre-teen) we had a neighbor girl who clicked very well with Sarah. We liked the young lady and the girls became inseparable. This young lady started doing some things that we didn't like and we started wishing the girl would go away. As it turned out we ended up enforcing some tough love to this young lady. She wasn't very happy with us, but such is life. Anyway, to make a long story short, the girls did stay in contact, though not as close as they once did.

Several years ago, when Jack had to spend a couple of months in a nursing home, as it turned out this young lady was a CNA at the nursing home. We did chat occasionally, but my heart was still remembering the past. God did work on me, showing me Matthew 18:21-35 which talks about forgiving a person who has one something wrong against you and forgiving them for there wrong seventy times seven times. That convicted me. A song that I've been hearing a great deal is by Hawk Nelson, Drops in the Ocean, which talks about how many times God forgives us. I knew I shouldn't be hanging on to the feelings I harbored for this young lady so I did forgive her in my heart, but had no way of telling her.

She and I finally talked a few days ago. She told me she knew I had bad feelings toward her. She also said she considered me like a second mom and Jack’s and my tough love her was exactly what she needed.; She said Jack and I were the people who helped her get her life back where it should be. She also said she hoped I’d forgive her. I told her that she was forgiven. She ended up coming over this afternoon with her toddler and put a load of clothes in for me and washed my dishes! She said anytime I need her help to just let her know. I am so glad we were able to connect. Now she knows I’d forgiven her. She has turned into a very nice young lady, and is very responsible. She has been married for five years and has two jobs. She is getting ready to start school to begin a new career. I am proud of who she has become!

Yesterday I had the pins taken out of my third and fourth toes. When I went to the doctor in early September, the pin in toes two had worked its way out about half an inch, so he just pulled it the rest of the way out. No, that didn’t hurt. They put me under general anesthesia and removed the pins in toe three and four. I knew better than to try and stitch yesterday after we came home. I was in/out of sleep the rest of the afternoon and was kind of in La La Land until I awoke this morning. My toes are not sore at all.

We will be sending off the appeal to the insurance company regarding my electric wheelchaair tomorrow. They originally denied me because the nursing home had reported to them that I could walk 70 feet with minimal assistance. BTW, “minimal assistance” was with a gait belt around me at all times and a wheelchair directly behind me. We got a letter from both my spine institute doctor and my regular physician and we had to write a letter stating why we believe they should change their minds. Hopefully it works. I do need this wheelchair!!

8 comments:

  1. Your work on the 23rd Psalm is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made awesome progress on your 23rd Psalm piece! I am glad you got the pins out and you are in no pain! I am so happy you and the girl reconciled and she helped you out! Its awesome your tough love straightened her life out! Good luck with your appeal I will be saying a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your support and for being a wonderful friend, Kim. I have finished restitching the line I frogged as well as "my cup runnet". I am done for the night; I will have to start a new strand to do the "h" of "runneth".

      Delete
  3. Glad you had your pins out. Should make life a little easier.
    You are so right about stopping when you feel it's wrong. Wish I could learn that lesson!
    Your work continues to be gorgeous on Psalm 23.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they're out too! My legs and feet are swollen, probably from lack of use, but the god news is I wore a REAL shoe on my left foot today for a couple of hours. didn't feel too bad, but didn't want to push it either.

      The next time I start wondering if something is off, I AM GOING TO STOP, if nothing else to ease my mind on the count!!!

      Delete
  4. Psalm 23 is looking beautiful. I think Mr. Rippit came to visit me today. I had to take out all of my project.

    I'm glad you're toes are feeling ok after that. I hope everything else goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Cheryl! Sorry for the visit by Mr. Rippit. Taking out an entire project is maddening!

    ReplyDelete