Saturday, January 28, 2017

I Am Getting Jazzed!

Hello, Everyone!

How have things been going for you so far this new year? My part of Illinois has not received hardly any snow this winter. As a matter of fact, every “snow storm” hasn't been
Wedding Bells
enough to cover the grass hardly at all. We did have an ice storm in late fall that caused some problems, but we certainly, thus far, have not had typical Illinois winter. Sometimes, we have had temperatures as high as 60 degrees, when we usually have highs in the 30's.

2 TIMOTHY 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. To me this verse is important. I think that the spirit referred to is probably the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit NEVER brings bad things (fear) but ALWAYS brings good things (power, love, sound mind). God does allow bad things to happen to us, but He is in even in control of how far that goes. The bad things come from Satan, but Satan must ask God's permission to cause something bad to happen to us. God does not allow a trial (JOB 1:12) to occur unless He knows that we can handle with His help. Satan was so sure he could cause Job to deny the Lord, and
Pic 1 Pattern Books
people even wondered why he didn't. But in all of the trials that Satan was allowed to put Job through, Job still did not sin or deny God
(JOB 1:22, 2:10)

I have been concentrating my stitching on “Wedding Bells” for the past few weeks. I was able to stitch a lot last week. I ended up going in the hospital Thursday morning and not being released until Sunday morning. I had mentioned to Jack on Monday or some reason my big toe on my right foot was hurting. He looked at it and couldn't see anything. Tuesday he thought he saw something and tried to get it out. Then bandaged it. By Wednesday evening my toe was turning red, the color our skin turns when you have cellulitis. If this isn't taken care of, it can become gangrene. So I went to the walk-in clinic Thursday. He saw my toe and immediately told me to go to
Pic 2 Pattern Books
the hospital for intravenous antibiotics. I was on them until Sunday morning. Then I was put on oral medication for five days.

I do like how “Wedding Bells” is turning out. I am concerned that I'm going to run out of the filament. Hopefully I'm wrong. I am debating myself...do I back stitch the top part of the pattern before moving the pattern in the q-snap so I can get to the bottom of the pattern, or do I back stitch everything at once?

A friend on Facebook sent me an RAK. The box has several different sizes and types of material. It also has several pattern books and a kit that has bunch of beads. As you know, I have done beads, but never more than a few on a pattern. This one probably has at least 100! I'm looking forward to trying to do it. Especially since I bought the proper type of needle to deal with beads (just before the Christmas projects). I was noticing that there are several bookmark patterns in at least one of the books. There are a total of six book. There is so much more! I love it! Thank you, to this Facebook friend!!

RAK Material
I saw a project I want to stitch very badly when I was on one of my Facebook groups. I have been wanting to stitch a Christmas themed project that I can put up in my own home during the Christmas season. Look here at what I found! I think this pattern is sooo pretty! I want to do something that isn't the typical Christmas pattern. I believe this one would fit that bill.

I can't really do any more stitching on "Life's Little Tangles" until I get the first two or three pages of the pattern reprinted. I have the pages, but since I marked on them and I am on my third or fourth time stitching these pages, they are rather, shall we say, messy and hard to figure out again. I had downloaded the pattern on my iPad and was using a program made for the iPad to stitch the pattern. I was going along pretty well and then my iPad decided it wasn't going to charge any more. I can't even get the thing to come up at all! Well back to putting the sheet on my metallic board, which is fine, especially now that I have figured our a system!

Beading Kit
The saddest thing about the iPad refusing to work is that every week my good friend, who lives in Michigan, talk on FaceTime. We can't do that with my iPad refusing to work. We liked seeing each others face. We are going to try and see I Skype will work for both of us.

Rachel is still having a large amount of illness with her pregnancy. She is hoping it starts letting up soon. She is now in her twelfth week. You my want to pray for her. She is under a great amount of stress. Those of us who have been pregnant, know that stress isn't always a good thing in pregnancy.


Well, everyone, that's about it for now. I hope to finish "Wedding Bells" and then "Psalm 23". I want to buy that Christmas pattern and get started on it as soon as I can, but I do want to finish these two projects first. Then I can start with a "clean slate", so to speak! Maybe throwing in a bookmark here and there from my new books! Stitching possibilities never end! Happy Stitching to those of you who stitch. To those of you who don't stitch, have a wonderful time between now and next time!

10 comments:

  1. Lyn, thank you for your wonderful blog entry! You are doing so nicely on Wedding Bells and I want you to finish Psalm 23. I would also like to do a Nativity scene; and the one I found on 123stitch is called 'O'Holy Night', I think by stoney creek, but you can search it. What a nice RAK! I have had the most lovely RAK's myself and they are always so appreciated. I will say a prayer for your friend in her time of need and comforting for the stresses that go along with pregnancy. Twelve weeks is early, she has a long ways to go and needs to be advised that whatever or whomever is causing this undo stress, needs to stop! I am trying to do a bookmark a month. I have not finished January's bookmark but have Feb. picked out! Enjoy your stitching and as always, God Bless and Keep you! hugs, queeny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I appreciate the encouragement to finish "Psalm 23" and the compliments on "Wedding Bells". Thank you for the prayers for Rachel during her pregnancy. She is doing what she can to eliminate the stress. Looking forward to seeing your bookmarks!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like busy month for you, Lyn. And scary with regard to your foot! Keep an eye on that stuff, please. The RAK you got is awesome. Lucky you. And have fun with the beads. I recently did a pair of box top inserts for some fancy gifts to give to my twin daughters for their birthday (yesterday) and each box top had 100+ beads. With the right needle and a Tacky Bob box, beading a cross stitch project can be loads of fun. I enjoyed every minute on the box tops. Just remember to do the beads last.

    Have fun!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep your advice about doing the beads last in the forefront of my mind! I did buy the proper needles and I already had a tacky bob because of a Christmas ornament I did this year. Thank you for the advice!

      Delete
    2. They will have to pry my Tacky Bob out of my cold, dead hands. :)

      Delete
  3. Wedding Bells is looking great Lyn. Personally I like to do the back stitch as I go rather than wait until the end. Sorry to hear that Rachel is still having stress and sickness, hopefully it will subside soon. When I was pregnant with my son I had morning, afternoon and evening sickness! I couldn't do a single thing without running into the bathroom to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliments on "Wedding Bells" I am following your advice; doing the back stitch of the ribbon, at least, before moving the material to complete the bottom of the project. Rachel appreciates the prayers, Faith. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. That was a great RAK to receive, Lyn. I love the Christmas pattern you've chosen. I'm glad you got the toe infection dealt with quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service -Email info@lemeridianfds.com.
    lfdsloans@outlook.com
    (WhatsApp...+1-989-3943-740 Or Call +1-913-9518-145)

    ReplyDelete